Saturday, June 30, 2007

Yay, Yay, CSA!

So for years and years and years I've been hearing about the joy of community supported agriculture, aka CSA. And it so happened that I happened to be reading The Lakewood Observer this spring and noticed an article for LEAF, which is working with two farms to bring CSA to Lakewood. I paid $240 for a half-share and the season runs from this week into October. Pickup is at the library from 6-8 on Thursday nights.

So what did I get?
*a bunch of beets
*2 cups of pecans
*1 bunch onions (fat round globes with stalks)
*about a pound of peas in shells
*1 head red leaf lettuce

The beets mean salad, of course, probably with the pecans. The onions make me think of corn chowder or corn stew. Peas remind me of these risotto cakes that I've been thinking of making for a while. And lettuce is salad. Thank god for my secret identity of Salad Girl!

Any other suggestions?

1 comment:

holly_44109 said...

I'm in that CSA too...lots of salads and stir fry!