Saturday, August 18, 2007

What My Life Is Like Right Now

A catch-up post:

If I sound a little down and/or overwhelmed right now, to be frank, I am and I know it.

Mencken is still missing. I contacted Rainbow Connection and they loaned me a trap. In the two weeks I've been setting it out, I've caught 1 raccoon, 1 possum, and 3 cats. None of the cats was Mencken. One was the quite clearly feral Brown Kitty, and I let him go. One was a very sweet tuxedo girl, declawed and spayed, who has a healing bite on her ass. She's a love muffin, and I can't decide if her name is Garland or Marbles. She's in the Tuscan Nightmare room. The other is the gray cat Jackass Neighbor told me about a few months ago that Isadora and I have caught sight of before and Isadora thinks is pregnant. She's in the bathroom until Monday. No, I am not keeping them. And Isadora doesn't blame me for his escape and says accidents happen and that she's only ever really lost 1 kitty. But still, I miss him and I am sorry and my heart hurts.

One of my managers at work is driving me nuts. I also just got her voice out of my head. Ay yi yi. Thankfully, I don't have to work until Tuesday. We have an enormous weeding project that I am not looking forward to participating in.

Freecycle people keep flaking on me.

I have to break in my hiking boots, find a cat sitter, find some clothes, and prepare to go to hiking/weight loss camp with my mom.

I am obsessing over a guy I knew in college who I last spoke to 10 years ago. I know why I am obsessing over him to the point of Google-stalking--he represents a road not taken and even if that road was clearly marked "Teenage Alcoholic--Danger Ahead" and needed not to be taken by me, it distracts me from the fact that I need to be looking ahead now and making some plans.

On the plus side, I do have a car now (thank you, Mom!), one of my dad's station wagons. So at least I am not at the mercy of Cleveland RTA and its notions of "on time" and customer service. We're not talking Nordstom's level of service here. And my mom and I had a lovely visit last weekend, and I had a great time with family I never see, talking story and all that. For all intents and purposes, I have graduated, even if I didn't walk and won't believe it until a diploma shows up. And other standard blessings apply.

I need to move forward, and I need to keep rolling. Time is running out.

No comments: