Thursday, April 17, 2008

The Interview

I think the interview went well. It was a scripted panel interview, so there was no conversation (which you know is where I totally excel), so it was I paid them lots of compliments (I was very impressed with their library system--I visited all three branches), referenced their strategic plan, the library advisory board minutes, my specific skills and background, paid them compliments, made them laugh, made eye contact, and wore a suit. And sent thank you email. I may have said that I have enough spare enthusiasm to power a small country. And I come from people who don't like to work for others, and I believe in the power of small business in America, which is true. And that the reason for the delay in my move is that I am allowed limited time in my sister's house before Jesse X's patience runs out, and I want to use that time wisely, and I'll be in AZ in 3 weeks. No, I don't know how many they are interviewing or their timetable. I probably also talked too fast. The big thing is that I don't have a lot of programming experience, but I tried to bridge that gap with what I do have and emphasizing my willingness to learn (SuperC--I mentioned our trip to see Nancy Pearl as an example).

Oh, and there was a chicken in the parking lot, so I am totally taking that as a good luck sign.

No comments: