Thursday, May 15, 2008

Library Meme

1. How old were you when you got your first library card?

I think I was 6 1/2--we lived in Middletown, and Aces was about a year old when we moved there, and we're 5 years apart. I remember it though. It was summer. We thought we had to pay, and I had $5 that grandma had given me that had gone through the laundry and my mom had ironed it straight. We went the 10 miles to the big library and I was so excited when all I had to do was write my name and address! I could do that! And then we found out there was a library around the corner from our house.

2. What's the first book you can remember reading from a library?

I don't remember. I do know I was reading Nancy Drew from them in the summer after 1st grade when I broke my finger and couldn't swim.

3. Did you ever participate in a summer reading program or other kids' event at a library growing up?

No kids' events at our library, but we did have summer reading. I never went to the parties or anything, but I did submot my list, which was actually incomplete--I read more than I wanted to bother writing down.

4. Do you remember when card catalogues weren't computerized?

Yes. And I remember when your library card was a typed piece of cardstock with a metal bar and the machine went chomp! when it checked books out to you.

5. When was the last time you went to the library?

Today actually--I'm painting, so I needed some audiobooks to make it go easier.

6. How many books do you usually check out of the library at one time?

Anywhere from 2-15.

7. Name one great author you've discovered at your library.

Frank Portman.

8. What was the librarian at your elementary school like?

I did not go to a school with a librarian--we had a room with books and an encyclopedia, and that was it.

9. How many times a year do you go to the library?

Bwwaahhh! On business or pleasure?

10. If you could change one thing about your library, what would it be and why?

LPL would put up some freaking signs. Now that both sides are open, I'm warming up to the design.

No comments: