Monday, December 15, 2008

Commence Mocking In 3...2...1...

So, you know how I moved from a place with an average of 66 full days of sun per year to a place with 310 days of sun a year? The kicker is that when it's one of those few cloudy days, it's a real shock to the system. It was gray when I woke up and in the 40's. It didn't get above 53 all day. I was so cold (how cold, Kerry?) I got my winter coat out of the trunk and wore it over to the cafeteria to get coffee. No, really. And it rained in the afternoon. Okay, by Cleveland standards it's a light drizzle but out here we were practically panicked and drenched. And now there's no sun until Thursday and snow up in Prescott. Panic in the streets!

4 comments:

drwende said...

They can mock me along with you, as I'm wearing my pilled black cashmere sweater and still complaining about freezing to death. And I wore the zebra jacket over it outdoors, too.

I have no idea what I own that will be warm enough to wear tomorrow.

Mella DP said...

Grr. -18 when I left for work yesterday.

Anne At Large said...

Aww Mella, and I was feeling sorry for myself because it's only 10 here.

drwende said...

I just handwashed Pilled Black Cashmere Sweater so I can wear it again tomorrow, as an Arizonan's wardrobe for 50-and-raining is not large.