Saturday, August 01, 2009

Culinary Therapy: Week 1

The questionnaire was done, but here are the results of my other activities:

The library trip-- I went over to my itty bitty branch and picked off the shelves:

Traditional Teatime Recipes
Jellies, Jams & Chutneys: Preserving The Harvest
The Lunchbox Book
The Little Saigon Cookbook
Not Your Mother's Slow Cooker Recipes For Entertaining
Southern Cocktails--Dixie Drinks, Party Potions & Classic Libation
All New Complete Cooking Light Cookbook


What does this say about my fantasy diet?

1) I don't mind my food bastardized.
2) I like my food, quick, easy low fat and filled with possibilities for entertaining.
3) High need for novelty. And baked goods.
4) I wish I drank more, in a party-like setting.

Did I clean the fridge and go through the food? Yes. It wasn't that bad, since I've only lived here 8 months. I did throw away remnants of holiday ham, 2 kinds of cookies that went stale, butternut and acorn squashes that I bought in February, and found dried cherries, a work lunch usable soup pouch and Wheat Thins.

Those of you who have known me before and have seen evidence of my hoarding know that for me, this is under control.

So, after a month did I finally hand in the maintenance request to get that burner on the stove fixed along with the kitchen light? YES. And I also asked for them to come in and spray for roaches.

No comments: