Sunday, August 02, 2009

More Options For Leaving The House

This week I went drinking. I hit Happy Hour for a colleague's goodbye, and learned some interesting tidbits. And on Friday I went to The Crimson Conquest's to watch True Blood and drink limoncello.

Here's a few things I am interested in:

Good Times In Hard Times: How To Enjoy The Recession. Wende, you can practice your deadpan! I'll even join in!

Ballet Under the Stars. It's not until September, though.

Flashlight Tours of the Desert Botanical Gardens. A little expensive at $15, but I think it might be worth it.

4 comments:

drwende said...

I'm not sure it's fair to inflict the Midwestern Deadpan on people who'll be exuding earnestness about how library books and yoga are so much more meaningful than cable TV.

Though one could frustrate the hell out of them by making up yoga positions. "Yes, I can contemplate the stock market with calm after spending 10 minutes in the Dancing Dog position."

Stumbling around the Botanical Garden in the dark, now... that sounds like fun. I even own a flash light.

Anne At Large said...

Ooh, I vote yes on the botanical garden in the dark! If I was there I would totally go with you! But then, I love that place at any hour of the day/night.

Kerry said...

I'll inquire about reservations, etc . My mom is coming out on the 20th--she might like to do it. Mind if I ask her?

drwende said...

Go for it!