Saturday, September 24, 2011

Bountiful Baskets Excitement!

I got fruits and veg from Bountiful Baskets again. In my share there was:

1 PINEAPPLE!
8 bananas (much riper than last time)
1 pound or so of green grapes
3 Asian apple-pears
6 plums
6 Ginger Gold apples
5 nectarines

1 head iceberg lettuce
2 cukes
3 onions
2 red peppers
2 green peppers
7 very unripe Roma tomatoes

I also got the extra vegetable offering, the Asian Vegetable Pack, for $8.50. In it was:

lemongrass
basil
garlic
ginger
1 head bok choy
1 head Napa cabbage
2 bunches of green onions
1 daikon radish
1 Japanese eggplant

I am going to make pickles out of the daikon and the carrots I have from 2 weeks ago, and maybe make bahn mi. Stir fried bok choy? Maybe some hot pot? Any suggestions?

2 comments:

Anne At Large said...

I would stir fry the bok choy with some of the peppers and some mushrooms. I like it tossed on some noodles with shrimp (my new favorite thing is oven-roasted shrimp with Asian veggies and sauce, it also takes about 6 minutes to roast, which is nice). Toss some of that ginger and garlic in too!

Maria Bishop said...

Great read thank yyou