Sunday, September 11, 2011

It's Not Like I Have To Go To Work Tomorrow

So yes, I have sat in my cubicle like a disfavored Japanese salaryman for the past 2 weeks. That's how they force people out the door over there--they just don't give them any work and ignore their presence. The whole thing is awfully dehumanizing.

I actually didn't stay all day Friday--I just couldn't bear it any longer. I gave in my stuff, went home, made myself a celebratory BLT and took a 3 hour nap. I had been up late watching Aces do comedy in a dive bar in the near west side of town. And drinking.

Tomorrow starts the hard part--actually living by the Rules for Unemployment. Especially since I have gotten hooked on this mindless British television series called Midsomer Murders. I must try to restrain myself.

No comments: