Sunday, August 21, 2005

Half.com Update

Just a note--my half.com books are listed under the user name atomiclibrarian. I have a variety of stuff up at the moment: fiction, cookbooks, textbooks. My mom had me list about 40 books when I visited two weeks ago. She's sold $50 worth since then. Envy, envy.

However, inquiring minds want to know: what is it about Willa Cather and John Steinbeck that makes my sister Aces such a fan? And in general, what can you assume about people from the books they read? Is that different from what they own or what they decide to keep? How do possessions, or specifically books, reveal who you are? Does it matter if you own them but haven't read them?

Just idle pondering. It's not often I indulge in such, so mark the calendar of this momentous occasion.

No comments: