Sunday, August 21, 2005

More Rant N' Snark, Less Review

For Mandy, who wanted more snark and less review:

Now, I had nothing to rant about. I was in a swell mood, even if I had cleaned the house and still had more to do. I hate the vacuum and vacuuming in general, and I wasn't even in a cranky mood from that. I am all sunshine and smiles these days. Nothing gets me down.

Until I was in the car this morning listening to NPR. WHY THE FUCKING HELL WAS LIANE HANSON TALKING TO SOMEONE WHO MADE "THE 40 YEAR OLD VIRGIN"!!!!!!!!!!!!??????

It's not like this film has not been extensively review in the trade press, the newspaper, has 3 commercials per hour on tv, and is all over the media. It is not as if there are other outlets for this. Why must it invade the "intellectual alternative" airways too? Liane and her producers should be ashamed. No money for you this year--I've been noticing story cannibalism from mainstream media outlets for the last year, and it's annoying and lazy. This is the final straw.

I know the ending, and all the good jokes and I haven't seen the film.

Maybe Hollywood should consider that no one wants to pay $10 to see a flick that they've had rammed into their brains. Maybe moviegoers are burned out from overexposure.

No comments: