Sunday, December 11, 2005

Good Life Indeed

Lovely things have happened recently:
  • The locksmith? Had to drill open the red room door. So I don't feel bad now knowing that professional help was truly needed. And it was only $90 for the house call, door opening and having him put a new cylinder on the front door. That last bit was advised by my mom, since everyone in town could have a key as far as I know and I never changed the locks when I bought the place. And now instead of having to push the front door open with my knee, it opens smoothly. Heavenly.
  • It was the storm window that was the broken glass I saw, not the wooden window. So I've got that closed up and plasticked along with the other window. And the tiny window in the closet had blown out and was laying on the floor. Thankfully the glass didn't break and that I had the heat in that room shut off. The cats are so happy about having another room, I'm happy that I can get to those books and also drag out my chair that will look great in the living room.
  • Tom Collins got adopted! He went to a nice couple of young students who were very serious about their new baby and bought him all sorts of toys and a bed and a cat condo. He is going to be their spoiled only cat. I am so glad. They also liked his name and that he was a bit of a snuggle baby. Ticky is well and will go up to Petsmart soon. And that leaves me with only two extra cats. Although Isadora offered me Ticky for free if I want to keep him...
  • Although I have to come up with 4,000 words analyzing the 1965 Immigration and Naturalization Act by Friday at 5pm, I'm still in the "Oh, I can do it!" hopeful denial stage, which is so dangerous. But enjoyable.
  • And I got mentioned in the PDQ section of the paper today! Strangers read the blog! Holy cow!
  • And as of Friday, I am back to book reviews. I've got a stash.

1 comment:

dingusgirl said...

keep ticky! keep ticky!