Sunday, November 26, 2006

Atomic Librarian Issues A Grammar Slapdown

I may have my own grammar and spelling issues (also typing issues), but I do know one thing: a plural and a possessive are not the same thing.

Dear Franklin Covey,

While I appreciate your dated weekly planner for its affordability*, format**, and your acknowledgement that the December birthstone is turquoise***, I must lodge complaint. "To Do's" is grammatically incorrect. You want a plural, but instead you've created an possessive form, and how can "To Do" be a possessive anyway? Why not label the column as "To Do?" And why did no one catch this? Do you need copywriters? Do they not teach grammar in Utah? Sheesh.

Kind regards,

Kerry

*$4.99 at Target
**While I was very tempted by the 2007 Procrastinator's Planner, I bought this one because it has just the right amount of space for notes, no lines, and the weekly format allows for short and long-term planning. As someone with organizational issues, it's really hard for me to find a planner that works with my wacky mind.
***Not zirconia, as lots of reference guides posit.

2 comments:

Genevieve said...

My friend Kelsey has this planner - it looks great and has an extra column (the 8th day) for long-term things. http://www.fredflare.com/customer/product.php?productid=1954&cat=322

Kerry said...

See, that's a pretty one, but I can already see why it wouldn't work for me: too many lines. And it has times assigned to the lines. Too rigid.

I know, freak.