Friday, December 28, 2007

Wardrobe Matters

So, I've decided that a black velvet coat was a stupid thing for a woman moving to Phoenix to buy. Even if she bought it in Phoenix.

***********************

Sephora has glitter eyeshadow available. You may think "What does a frumpy, plumpy librarian need with glitter eyeshadow? That's what rock n' rollers wear." Ah contraire! Glitter eyeshadow is perfectly appropriate for the reference desk! Necessary even!

I have the light violet. Very nice.

***********************

I dress up for work, partly because I'm a dressy person who owns corporate clothes, but partly because work is important and by looking nice you telegraph that you take it seriously. I think yesterday's outfit was a bit much though. Or maybe I should either get thinner or stop dressing like I am thin.

I wore: my funeral skirt (black, belted, below the knee, swingy) with a white blouse with black polka dots, a black cardigan, black stockings with white polka dots, and black shoes with white trim.

I don't know what to do with myself.

No comments: