Sunday, June 08, 2008

Twit Or Twitter?

So I'm thinking about getting a Twitter account. Yes, no, any thoughts? Please put it in the comments.

It occurred to me that this might be the most excellent way to dodge the daily calls from my mom that ascertain my continued existence but are so dead dull. "What did you do today?" "Nothing much. You?" "Nothing." We are the most boring people alive. She doesn't read the blog--none of my first degree relatives do.

It would also be an excellent place for those small rants and thoughts that aren't enough for a post here.

Twitter is one of those cool Web 2.0 things that works best when you have, you know, friends, particularly friends who are fairly wired. Otherwise, it seems a little pathetic, like shouting out to the void. And I say that knowing I don't have the largest social circle.

If I go through with it, I might have to upgrade the phone plan for texting.

No comments: