Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Happy Birthday, Don Donaldo

Today would have been my dad's 67th birthday. We're all a little down and melancholy. Personally, I may walk down to the Fresh & Easy for some cake, since lord knows the man and I loved the sweet dessert things.

Happy Birthday, Don Donaldo! You are much missed.

I'd like to tell some stories, but don't really know where to start. Leave a message in the comments with any suggestions or questions or starters (white food? Jesse X's GRE scores? Mama the cat? when I broke my arm? what The Don would have thought of Sarah Palin?). The Month of Mourning ends October 10th, which is the anniversary of his death. Some of you know my particular paranoia ramps up in September-October due to a pattern of bad things happening in these months--I have a contender, but we've got weeks to go before I will feel in the clear.

2 comments:

Genevieve said...

I don't think I ever heard the story about Jesse's GRE scores, so I vote for that one. Also curious what the Don would have thought of Palin, snce his beloved NY Post seems mixed on their opinions.

Thinking of you and hoping this recent interview starts a turnaround on September/October.

Kerry said...

Sarah Palin and Jesse's GRE scores are actually thematically linked so good choices! I'll start off with Palin later tonight.