Per Wende's request:
1) It's cheap. Under $700 for me and the cats, heat, a/c and water included.
2) Cats are allowed.
3) It has a balcony, which Cain enjoys (do you sense a theme here?)
4) It's within walking distance of work.
5) I don't have to use a car to get things done. I am within walking distance of the fancy cupcake place, library, lots of food options, grocery, Target, Costco and off 2 bus lines that would take me anywhere else. The Walkable score is 78, but I actually think it's much higher than where I lived in Lakewood.
6) I have a dishwasher and garbage disposal. Oh, dishwasher! What joy you have given me!
7) I have plenty of storage. In the bedroom I have a walk-in closet, and my pantry is huge and would be walk-in if I didnn't have the litter boxes there. I could totally put a year's worth of food in that pantry. I also have a closet in the hallway between the bedroom and bathroom.
8) It's bland and modern. After living in a house built in 1913, mod cons and straight walls and closets and apartment carpeting are a relief, seriously.
9) It faces east, so it gets the morning sun. Granted, in summer it's always hot here but imagine western sun in summer.
10) It's an apartment. I don't have to do any yardwork. I can ignore my neighbors without feeling guilty, and for that I'll trade off the occasional roach problem. And that's been much better recently, really.