Friends, we've had a death in the family. My Aunt Mary Jane died last night on her way to Houston to visit family. It was a sudden death but not a surprise; she was diagnosed with pulmonary fibrosis 3 years ago and given about a year to live.
I feel like mentioning crankily that Aunt Mary Jane never smoked and so was an innocent victim of lung disease, flying in the face of all those people screeching about chronic serious illness as a result of lifestyle choices. Some of us strongly suspect that her illness was caused by radon in her house; she also clapped erasers and breathed in chalk dust for 30 years as a teacher of high school history.
I will be gone next week for the funeral. I won't be posting for a bit with work and preparations and such.