Thursday, April 01, 2010

What I'm Watching



This is a cool little documentary about the rise of craft beer and the challenges it faces in a marketplace controlled by the three largest national brewers and hindered by an antiquated distribution system. If you support the local food movement, watch this film as it's an interesting look at a related issue. I just started drinking beer recently, and the craft beers are just more interesting --local/regional styles and specialties aside, it's just got a dorky charm. Witness the Dogfish Head Brewery crew as they go about their business and the head's enthusiasm for the art of brewing. It's infectious.

I now feel like running out to the Roosevelt or Whole Foods or BevMo! and stocking up on beers to try. And I don't know who I love more, Rhonda Kellman or Anat Baron.

And the Yuengling brewery! How beautiful!

I'm watching it on Netflix, but it's available on iTunes and DVD.

No comments: