Sunday, May 02, 2010

How To Look Younger--Freckles!

Recently Dusie peered at my face and announced, "You must not be wearing sunscreen. You have freckles." Oh the irony, as my sister is essentially a giant freckle herself despite being slathered as a child and kept out of the sun between 10am-2pm.

I have always have had some freckles, although after 15 years in the gray they had faded. This is why I look younger--no smoking and a 15 year stay in a place that only gets 66 full days of sun a year. However, as my feet are still tanned from last summer, I am going back to the heavy application of sunscreen and SUNSCREEN PRODUCT REVIEWS.

By the way, my mom drove from Chandler to a a special CVS in Paradise Valley yesterday to buy this special French sunscreen. Oh la la.

But, this week:

Up & Up Ultra Sheer Sunscreen Lotion, SPF 70. $6 for 3.0 oz.

I'll buy this again. It has a slight perfumey scent that's not overpowering or unpleasant. The texture is a little thin, but it absorbs easily. It doesn't sit on the top of your skin with a waxy overlay. This sunscreen is pretty good, but don't totally rock my world. The cap is a little odd--it's an oval that twists off to reveal the small opening of the tube, but I can see an issue where if I'm not careful, I could easily not tighten the cap all the way and have a total mess.

2 comments:

Anne At Large said...

Hmm, I haven't heard of this stuff but I might have to keep an eye out for it. Also I can't wait to hear your review of the fancy French stuff that they tout in every magazine ALL SUMMER LONG...

Cookbook said...

I have freckles, too.