Saturday, September 25, 2010

Fascinating, Huh?

Okay, so I have had a fabulous couple of days, and there is still! 1! day! left! of the weekend.

Yesterday I took a spur of the moment afternoon off, because I have the comp time and the report is done and being published on Thursday. Dusie picked me up, and we went to a new to us antique mall in way east Mesa, and then to a new to us scrapbooking store. Dusie scrapbooks; I like to collage. We went home and got my mom to come over and made a trip to Target. The baby is so cute--she is getting her little girl face, a combo of Aces and her daddy with some of Dusie and the other relatives mixed in. We are teaching her to hold up 1 finger when someone asks how old she is.

Today I took Cain to the vet for a quick blood test, did laundry, and bought my mom a gift (books, The Cookbook Collector and The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie . I want to read them too, so maybe it wasn't a gift.) I went to lunch at Guru Palace with Dusie and Jesse X and Peaches, and then we went to Ikea with my mom. Then I took a nap! I was so confused when I woke up--"Prairie Home Companion" was on, but I thought it was tomorrow's repeat instead of tonight's show.

I was going to go to a record swap up in Sunnyslope but ran out of time.

As for what else, tonight I made Bittersweet Chocolate Ice Cream. It's at the refrigerator chill stage, but as a word of advice--make this with someone in the house who likes to lick bowls, and it's nearly impossible to get the chocolate fine enough in the food processor, so don't worry about overdoing it. Thank goodness for the dishwasher. Oh, and Trader Joe's is the only way to get a reasonably priced amount of 72% cacao--$4.99 for 500 grams, or twice as much as you need.

No comments: