Sunday, October 17, 2010

What's Bubbling Up To The Surface



So a while back I made myself a kind of goal list. It's a bit broad range and dream like, but with the caveat that it's all achievable if only I stop standing in my own way and think about what I want to do with myself to maximize my life on my own terms, you know since I'm all funky and free-spirited and probably not doing the kids and husband and picket fence thing. Mostly I need to free up some cash and time. And stop thinking that if I try this, people are going to laugh at me because I am such a poser (what am I, 15?)

Buy a scooter and join a scooter club to go on rides.

I want a Stella. I also want a sidecar so that in a few years Peaches can pop the window out, climb into the sidecar and come with me to get donuts.

Every time I think of that scenario, my sister has a heart attack and doesn't know why.

Yoga

I'd like to do more. It is the perfect exercise for fat girls with nascent strength and no cardio ability.

Get my possible asthma checked out

Both my sisters apparently have asthma. Aces told me yoga really helped hers. I have just always had a lot of trouble breathing, in and out of shape, and it's bad in winter. I also cough a lot, although I don't wheeze. And I had whooping cough that went untreated for 3 months when I was 19. So, I probably have some lung issues, just see the fat thing mentioned above and my issues pressing medical professionals into doing their jobs.

Voice lessons

I'd like to be able to sing on key and make the most of my chipmunk voice.

Some other sort of music hobby

What? I AM FULL OF MUSIC.

Put my blog on Blogher.

Rock climbing

Just those indoor walls at the rock gyms. I don't want to have to cut off my arm with a penknife.

Bike repair class and bike communities here in Phoenix

Because not knowing enough about machinery and how to fix things scares me more than riding next to cars.

Again, deep down inside I like to go.

Visit Australia, Argentina and Urugruay.

So apparently down inside I'm a fast moving, alternative transporting, loudly singing, sporty kind of girl. Did you know that? It also strikes me that along with creative outlets, a lot of what is mentioned here has to do with strength, which is interesting and fuel for further posts.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I've had my eye on an orange Vespa for some time. It's a little bright, but I think I can pull it off! I rode one over the summer for the first time and they're.. not as scary as I thought it would be to ride one.

As for yoga, if you can stand the heat, try Bikram. It's wonderful! Your head is so clear and you feel so energized afterward. It's a great workout!

I just followed you on Twitter - and I usually post bike events on there if you want to get involved in the community..

And definitely put your blog on Blogher!

Happy Halloween!

ps - thanks for your comment when I had to take my dog to the vet. The support helped me get through some rough spots!