Sunday, January 09, 2011

Laziest Weekend Ever

I didn't get up earlier than 10am either day. Really.

On Saturday I returned my mom's call to find she was doing nothing herself, and I invited her over for dinner. Then I spent 4 hours frantically cleaning and throwing dinner together. The cleaning was the big part--I am messy and my mom is pretty neat, and I know my slovenly ways bug her. I made cake too. This pear cardamom upside down cake was great.

Then today after a breakfast of cake and team, I figured out that a good way to use up some of the food in the fridge would be to make pizza. Here's the pizza crust recipe I made. I subbed in about 1/2 cup whole wheat flour. I made 3 kinds of mini pizzas--goat cheese, pesto and corn was the best. It's also a takeoff of a pizza available at LGO for $14. The grape tomato, onion and goat cheese and parm was less great. And I also used fig paste, goat cheese and prosciutto to make a version of brushetta available at Postino. Your mom made a cassarole to use up leftover odds and ends; my generation makes exotic pizza.

No comments: