Wednesday, November 23, 2011

More Thanksgiving Advice

Well, I'm about to get some Thanksgiving prep work done. I'll be listening to this NPR Thanksgiving mix, Songs for Stuffing. I'm not making the broccoli rabe as there was none at Sprouts. Instead I'll make my jammy Cranberry Apricot Sauce and bring the pumpkin pie.

If the music doesn't work for setting a joyful T-day mood, take the advice in this article and calm the fuck down. Or follow this advice and pretend to be Myrna Loy and William Powell in The Thin Man to get through the day. Actually, "pretend to be Nick and Nora Charles" is an excellent plan for almost any difficult situation. Although it's a lot easier if you are part of a couple. Here's a list of easy cocktails to get through the day.

And if you want heartwarming, read about the Plotz family's epic Thanksgiving pie extravaganzas. Or make this apple bourbon cake>Apple Bourbon Bundt Cake to finish things off.

No Black Friday shopping for me, but I am thinking about hitting The Awkward Party on Saturday after I do a shift shelving at the library.

1 comment:

Anne At Large said...

I like the Myrna Loy/William Powell article more than the Salon one, I hate being bossed about my sides. Although I am making last minute mashed potatoes in the a.m. because we can't just not have mashed potatoes.

And I love the Awkward Party idea, you should go so I can read all about it after the fact... have a great T-Day!