Thursday, June 14, 2012

Birchbox June 2012 Review

I got myself a small treat and ordered the June Birchbox. Cookbook reviewed hers, and was pleasantly pleased by this month's offerings. I received different items; but like her, I was pretty happy with what I got this month.

Clark's Botanicals Ultra Rich Lip Tint in 06-Because I Love You-- This is a nice light coral color, but I'm not sure how much I'll use it as I recently figured out that since I don't like sticky lips, I should not bother with lip balm or lip gloss. Wow, what a personal revelation!

La Fresh Eco-Beauty Acetone-Free Nail Polish Remover in Fresh Tuscan Orange scent--I used this immediately to take off some deep berry nail color and one pad worked very well to take it all off. The orange scent is delightful and only a little chemically.

theBalm Stainiac in Beauty Queen--Unlike Cookbook, I like stains, at least in theory. Sometimes I just need the tiniest bit of color to perk myself up, and I like the idea that I could just take one product, throw it in my bag, and it won't melt in the Arizona heat as I wander around. I'm a little rosy at the moment, so I'm not sure how well this might show up.

Kelly Van Gogh Wonderlust Hair Colour Protecting and Illuminating Tonic--Since I have to freshen my dye job this weekend, I think this came in the nick of time. Peaches has been making me swim with her every time I visit and my hair is looking a little dull. What could it do? Make my hair look more gray?

And of course those crappy, pointless tili Bags. If I had gotten the French tea or some sunscreen, it would have been a very awesome box.


No comments: