Saturday, December 01, 2012

Sign Up For World Book Night!

Folks, it's time to sign up to be a giver for World Book Night on April 23, 2013. I was a 2012 giver and it was tons of fun.

My first choice is Margaret Atwood's The Handmaid's Tale, which I think I will hand out around the State Capitol area. I will maybe also put together and include an handout about the recent legislation passed by nutjobs in the Arizona State Legislature that limit women's access to abortion, birth control and create the circumstances that lead to the experiences of Offred and the other women being stripped of their rights and forced into sexual slavery and servitude.

I also find the book Glaciers intriguing. My third choice is Devil In A Blue Dress. Other books on the list that I have on my ever-growing TBR list are The Tender Bar, Population: 485, Salvage The Bones, City of Thieves, Fahrenheit 451, and My Antonia.

No comments: