Tuesday, February 19, 2013

So Kerry, What Happened To You?

I know, you've wondered.

Have I:

  • Fallen down a well?
  • Had a nervous breakdown and been hanging out with Governor Jan Brewer's son at the Arizona State Hospital?
  • Gotten a boyfriend?
  • Even better than having me an ordinary, age-appropriate, fellow of similar interests who likes hanging out of me, have I enchanted a billionaire of kinky habits and a controlling nature who has been psychologically abusing me while making my way smooth and destroying my sense of self?
  • Been writing fan fiction?

Sadly, none of the above. The truth is that after a year of not working, I know have 2 jobs, one of which is full-time and pays benefits and lets me be peppy and interact with people positively and be myself, and another on my days off which lets me be myself and peppy, but uses a different set of intellectual skills. I have two great managers, and overall I feel good about where I am professionally, although some (including my little niggling "you're not right" voice that pops up occasionally) might say I'm not doing well at all. Screw that.

But between work, and seeing my sister's kids any chance I get, and those general life organization tasks that I am continually overwhelmed by, I am very, very busy and about to get busier as I cover part of a maternity leave for 12 weeks. I'm planning on buying all the cat food and litter I could possibly need and stacking it in the living room. Oh, and did I mention that I really should move to be closer to the store? Like, before March 19th?

Ay yi yi.

No comments: