Saturday, December 26, 2009

Christmas 2009: Success! With Consumerism

I hope you all had wonderful Christmases. I did. My presents were well received. Here's what I got everyone:

The Huntress (my friend at work): a copy of Phoenix Noir and a Starbucks giftcard. I also walked around saying in my best Telly Savalas voice, "Who loves you baby?" There's two things Huntress loves aside from her pack--coffee and the City of Phoenix. Hmmmmmm--she could carry off a "Love Phoenix Or Leave Phoenix" t-shirt, I do believe.

My mom: She's moving here next month, so I got her a year long membership to the Phoenix Art Museum. It comes with discounts, communiques, and free entrance. She needs to get hooked into a community.

Dusie: She got Williams Sonoma hand soap and lotion for by her sink in the kitchen. She requested it.

Aces: A Dunkin' Donuts gift card and a deck of cat themed playing cards.

SJP!: An ornament with her name engraved on it.

JesseX: A copy of Netherland and a Changing Hands gift card.

And I got: a green cashmere sweater, a heart-shaped hand pie press, a packet of snickerdoodle quick bread mix. an eyeshadow and lipstick, an awesome brooch from SuperC!, a copy of the Alton Brown cookbook from Genevieve and family, and an awesome string of cultured pearls from Aces that I can string at the bead shop with some contrasting spaces. They are so cool--they look kind of like bones or white coral.

1 comment:

Genevieve said...

Hey,

Thanks for the books for Benjamin! We've already read both to him at nap time.

Also, how did I miss that your mom is moving to Phoenix! That's great!