Sunday, January 29, 2012

Getting A Grip

So as some of you know, I had a job interview this week for a position that everyone told me I'd be sort of insane to take. This was primarily due to the fact that I would have had to buy a car or scooter for a part-time job in a far off part of the city that paid $12 an hour. Other bits of advice included my own tendency to wind up in weird situations where I'm taken advantage of as part of company culture, that the pay was equal to unemployment, and there were no guarantees of it turning into a full-time job at any point soon.

I did do the interview as practice and enjoyed having a conversation with people and showing myself off a bit. It made me realize again how miserable I was at last job having my personality ground down.

However. I filled out an application to do standardized exam scoring, and have secured a position for March-April grading 10th grade writing exams. Yay yay for that. It's out near the Marlboro Mesa, so I'll get to see the bebes.

We are on BabyWatch! My sister is due Thursday, which also happens be be my maternal grandmother's birthday. And Groundhog Day. It's the prospect of having a kid born on that wacky narcissist's birthday that fills us all with a bit of fear. I went round her place twice last week to watch Peaches (to do the primary interacting and hanging out with her and take her to the park) and give my poor sister a rest.

And to top it off, I went to a breakfast Meetup today and talked to Geek Girls of the East Valley.

No comments: