Monday, April 21, 2008

More Scenes From The Trip

Dusie: "Didn't you see Aces and The Adoring Boyfriend last night, the handholding and the kisses? Wasn't it sweet? Don't you want that, Kerry? You should get a boyfriend, Kerry!"

Me: "I had a boyfriend for 10 years! It's not that I don't like having a boyfriend! It's just hard to find one, Married Sister! Sheesh!"

***********

Aces promised to take me to Matt's Big Breakfast next time I'm in town.

************

The morning I left, I went over to Dusie's office to meet her coworkers and got to the farmer's market with her. I had her house key in my possession, but couldn't find it when it came time to leave and go back to her place and put the vegs away.

So for a good 5-10 minutes, I did what I always do: I tore apart my purse and dumped everything out, my other bag too, felt between all the seat cushions, got frantic, and finally found it on the floor in the backseat (I think I put it on the passenger side seat and when Dusie sat on it it got pushed down). Triumphant, I held it up and crowed, "See! Don't you love it when that happens and you finally find it?"

Dusie looked at me. "Kerry, that never happens to me."

Ay yi yi. Just call me Little Miss Chaos Vector.

I also managed to lose my sunglasses in her office and overlook them when I went back to find them.

No comments: