Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Greetings From The Marlboro Mesa

Dusie greeted me in the airport by poking me really hard in the arm and saying "So, have you seen any new Phonecians?"

She followed it up with this exchange:

D: You have wrinkles!

Me: Yes, I know. (subtext: grrrrr.)

D: Those are new. They're not too bad though. Not like mine. Are they from stress?

Me: Dehydration.

The irony is that hers are much worse than mine--she is a fair and freckly redhead with a history of terrible sun damage as a child, smoked for 8 years, the whole AZ living thing--and I am 3 1/2 years older. The wrinkles are a recent development, and they are more like smile lines. I blame the move to full time contacts wear (glasses hide a multitude of beauty imperfections) and squinting into the sun while driving.

No comments: